By Claudiu T Supuran, Giuseppina De Simone
Carbonic anhydrases (CAs, EC 18.104.22.168) are ubiquitous metalloenzymes, current all through such a lot dwelling organisms and encoded by way of 5 evolutionarily unrelated gene households. The Carbonic Anhydrases as Biocatalysts:From conception to clinical and commercial Applications provides details at the becoming curiosity within the research of this enzyme relations and their functions to either medication and biotechnology.
- Offers finished assurance of the carbonic anhydrases enzyme kin and their houses as biocatalysts
- Includes present functions of carbonic anhydrases in biotechnology at the foundation in their catalytic potency, together with new applied sciences for CO2 catch processes
- Identifies new pursuits for drug layout studies
- Provides a selectivity profile for the several carbonic anhydrases and their comparable biomedical applications
Read or Download Carbonic Anhydrases as Biocatalysts: From Theory to Medical and Industrial Applications PDF
Similar physical chemistry books
The Advances in Chemical Physics sequence offers the leading edge in each region of the self-discipline and offers the sector with a discussion board for serious, authoritative reviews of advances. It offers a piece of writing framework that makes the publication an exceptional complement to complicated graduate periods, with contributions from specialists worldwide and a convenient thesaurus for simple reference on new terminology.
With the swift improvement of nanotechnology, the surface-to-volume ratio of gadgets of curiosity maintains to extend. As such, so does the significance of our skill to tailor interfacial houses. Written by means of bestselling writer and the world over well known researcher okay. S. Birdi, advent to electric Interfacial Phenomena bargains finished assurance of the sphere of electric double layer (EDL) learn.
Offers re-evaluations of the carcinogenic dangers to people posed through publicity to a couple 121 natural compounds, in most cases commercial chemical compounds, chosen from one of the 834 brokers evaluated in volumes 1-70 of the IARC Monographs sequence. chemical substances have been chosen for second look at the foundation of substantial new proof that will demand a transformation within the IARC class of carcinogenic hazard.
Addressing severe elements of computational modeling in photochemistry, Molecular equipment in Photochemistry is designed to familiarize researchers and practitioners with state of the art computational ways to expect the reactivity of excited molecules. It presents useful guidance and examples for the modeling of excited states and describes many of the most modern ways within the computational modeling of photochemistry in strategies and restricted media.
- Foams: Theory: Measurements: Applications
- Proceedings of the 4th World Conference on Detergents : strategies for the 21st century
- Car that runs on tap water - Plasma Spark - Hydrogen Fuel
- Selected Problems in Physical Chemistry: Strategies and Interpretations
- Electrospinning for advanced energy and environmental applications
- Molecular Interactions
Additional info for Carbonic Anhydrases as Biocatalysts: From Theory to Medical and Industrial Applications
Swenson ER, Dodgson SJ, Tashian RE, Gros G, Carter ND. Distribution and functions of carbonic anhydrase in the gastrointestinal tract. Carbonic anhydrases: cellular physiology and molecular genetics. New York: Plenum Press; 1991. p. 265–87. 37. Krishnamurthy VM, Kaufman GK, Urbach AR. Carbonic anhydrase as a model for biophysical and physical-organic studies of proteins and protein-ligand binding. Chem Rev 2008;108:946–1051. 38. Gao BB, Clermont A, Rook S. Extracellular carbonic anhydrase mediates hemorrhagic retinal and cerebral vascular permeability through prekallikrein activation.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 1972;48:670–7. Lowe N, Brady HJ, Barlow JH, Sowden JC, Edwards M, Butterworth PH. Structure and methylation patterns of the gene encoding human carbonic anhydrase I. Gene 1990;93:277–83. Supuran CT, Scozzafava A. Applications of carbonic anhydrase inhibitors and activators in therapy. Expert Opin Ther Targets 2002;12:217–42. Supuran CT. Carbonic anhydrases: novel therapeutic applications for inhibitors and activators. Nat Re Drug Discov 2008;7:168–81. 10. org. 11. Kannan KK, Ramanadham M, Jones TA.
58. Maresca A, Temperini C, Vu H, Pham NB, Poulsen S, Scozzafava A, et al. Non-zinc mediated inhibition of carbonic anhydrases: coumarins are a new class of suicide inhibitors. J Am Chem Soc 2009;131: 3057–62. 59. Balboni G, Congiu C, Onnis V. Flavones and structurally related 4-chromenones inhibit carbonic anhydrases by a different mechanism of action compared to coumarins. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2012;22:3063–6. 60. Sahin H, Can Z, Yildiz O. Inhibition of carbonic anhydrase isozymes I and II with natural products extracted from plants, mushrooms and honey.